What's on: DinoSnore - Sleepovers at the AM
Spend an unforgettable night at the AM. Get up close and personal with dinos, fossils and spiders, oh my!
- Event Type:
- 3 February 2017 to 7 July 2017
- 06.00 PM to 08.00 AM
- Australian Museum Entrance, 1 William Street
- $120 members child; $150 members adult OR $140 non-members child; $180 non-members adult. All prices include GST and booking fee.
Spend a night at the Museum!
Join us for an unforgettable 'Australiana' experience at the AM. Enjoy an buffet dinner and get up close to native Australian animals such as crocodiles, pythons and lizards, before coming face-to-face with our resident Muttaburrasaurus, an Australian dinosaur that lived around 100 million years ago!
Travel back to Australia's ancient past and hold real fossils. Embark on a tour by torchlight to discover AM's treasures and stories before relaxing in the theatrette to watch the family favourite film, 'Night at the Museum'. The evening is topped off by sleeping next to some old dinosaur favourites including Stegosaurus and Tyrannosaurus Rex. In the morning you will wake to breakfast at our rooftop cafe overlooking Sydney Harbour and Botanic Gardens followed by an exclusive viewing of our current special exhibition.
Dates: 7 July 2017 (future dates for 2017 will be released soon).
Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 AM the following day.
Ages: 6 - 14 years. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Adults are not permitted without a child.
Ticket price includes:
- Dinner and continental breakfast
- Encounter live native Australian animals such as crocodiles, pythons and lizards oh my! (Syllabus adapted for school groups. Simply inform AM staff of year group /Stage when booking)
- Torchlight tour of the Museum Galleries, including Wild Planet and Surviving Australia
- Screening of the film, 'Night at the Museum' in the Theatrette
- Sleep in the Dinosaur Gallery (sleeping equipment NOT included)
- Entry into the current special exhibition i.e. SPIDERS: Alive and Deadly! intil 16 July then 'Australian Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year' from 11 August - 10 December.
- Children receive a goodybag to take home which includes a growing dinosaur egg!
What to bring:
- All sleeping equipment i.e. camping mat, sleeping bag, pillow, comfortable sleeping clothes
- Tooth brush, toiletries and wash cloth (no showers available)
- Ear plugs and sleep mask (optional)
- Please note that the museum is unable to store personal belongings. Please refrain from bringing unnecessary valuables with you and please keep your valuables with you at all times.
Schools, Girl Guide, Scout or other private organisations can book a private DinoSnore. $110 per person (inc. GST) with 60 pax minimum & 100 pax maximum. Supervising teachers and parents are free at a ratio of one adult per 10 students (1:10). Extra adults will cost $110 pp. (inc. GST). Bookings can be made Monday – Thursday (subject to availability) including school holidays. Email Group.Bookings@austmus.gov.au. Private DinoSnores booked by groups for a Friday evening will be subject to normal general public prices (see above).
To become a Member of the AM and take advantage of the discounted ticket price, visit: australianmuseum.net.au/members
More questions? Check out our FAQs here.