About the Eureka Prizes
A unique partnership between government organisations, institutions, companies and individuals committed to Australian science.
Presented annually by the Australian Museum in partnership with our sponsors and supporters, the prizes reward excellence in the fields of:
- research & innovation
- science engagement
- school science
Key dates for 2017
10 February: Entries open
5 May: Entries close 7pm AEST
28 July: Finalists announced online
30 August: Winners announced at the Award Dinner
- Established in 1990 to reward outstanding achievements in Australian science and science communication.
- Australia's most comprehensive national science awards.
- A unique co-operative partnership between government, education and research institutions, private sector companies, organisations and individuals. See our Sponsors.
- Each prize is judged by a panel of eminent and qualified individuals, whose contribution of expertise and time helps support the credibility of the Eureka Prizes.
- The Australian Museum Eureka Prizes culminates in a gala Award Dinner, which celebrates and rewards Australian science.
- The 2016 Award Dinner was attended by 650 guests, with MCs Adam Spencer and Anton Enus.
- In 2016, 16 prizes were awarded in four categories - Research & Innovation, Leadership, Science Communication and School Science.
Please call us on (02) 9320 6230 or send us an email.